I suggest you improve Expend by...

‘Archive Receipts' option

I securely archive all my receipts on Dropbox, so I can access them from anywhere for the taxman. Normally I take a photo with my camera and save it to a dedicated expenses folder on Dropbox.

When I take a receipt photo with Expend it doesn't save it onto the camera roll, so I have to retake it with my iOS camera app to upload it to Dropbox, which is quite cumbersome.

It’d be cool, if you could use the APIs from popular cloud storages to automatically archive the receipts (as a setting option), so people don’t have to re-take their expenses.

For now, you could at least save the receipt onto the user’s camera roll, so people can access them easily later and archive them manually.

What do you think?

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ingo Auer shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminExpend Support (Support Agent, Expend) commented  · 

In the next release (due very soon!) there will be an option in the settings to also store your receipt images in the camera roll. Meaning if you have iCloud Photo Library enabled you'll get a backup to iCloud as well. In future we'll consider elaborating on this by supporting other services - Dropbox, Google Drive etc.

• Lee Walker commented  · 

Agree. Make this simple though, just save to camera roll and then iOS share sheet can be used to upload wherever. I actually save everything to Evernote.

Should probably split this out into 'Camera Roll save', and then 'Integrate with Dropbox/Evernote/Google Drive etc'

Feedback and Knowledge Base